Woohoo, you’re getting married!! Now the fun begins… The Dress! Finding a wedding dress is one of the most important things when planning a wedding. Because, hello… it’s all about the bride, isn’t it? 😉
A couple of weeks ago, I went shopping for my own wedding dress. I must say that I had a great experience and I bought my dress that same day! I know that not everybody is going to have the same experience, but it really helps if you’re a little prepared. Here are my tips for wedding dress shopping.
- Know your budget (and stay within when fitting dresses)
- Research shops and make only appointments at shops with your style in their collection
- Make your first appointment at least 8 months in advance. Most dresses take about 6 months to arrive at the shop.
- Wear a nude strappless bra and underwear that covers a lot
- Do your hair the same way as you plan on doing on your wedding. You’ll instantly feel like a bride
- Bring heels. As to make your look more like it would on your wedding day.
- Bring someone with you, but not too many people (too many opinions don’t make it easier to make a choice)
- Be open to other ideas: It’s good to have an idea in your head on what you want (it’ll make it easier on the salesperson), but make sure you’re still open to other ideas/ other silhouttes
- Trust your instinct. I basically chose my dress based on how it made me feel. Plus, the most important thing that day is that you feel beautiful and happy.
- Make it a fun day (I made sure to plan a fun lunch in between shops)
Good luck & Have fun!