For as long as I can remember, I’ve always had a thing with nailpolish, at least from the age of 14… I of course had the French manicure going on, that was the shit back then 😉 After that I was really really into
colors . I layed out my clothes the night before and I coördinated with my nailpolish, which meant also blue, green black, white red, orange nailpolish, whatever… It also meant that I changed it every day, everyday people.
Needless to say, I was single at the time…
I’ve been asked lately how I get my nails so neat and the polish to stay on for so long.
Confession: It actually doesn’t stay on that long, maybe 3 or 4 days. As for the neatness: Practice makes perfect! (I’m still practicing, by the way…)
I’ve been really digging the nailpolish from Essie, these are the ones I use most:
- Base coat: First Base Base Coat
- Color: Russian Roulette, Fifth Avenue and Aperitief
- Top coat: Gelsetter
So here’s my routine:
- Get rid of all the leftover nailpolish
- Clean nails/ hands with baking soda (another thing this miracle product is good for. Check out this post for other uses)
- Put on base coat, make sure it dries completely before going to the next step. Most base coats are made to dry quickly.
- Put on first coat of colored nailpolish. Again, make sure it dries completely.
- Put on second coat of colored nailpolish. I think this is when the color really comes to life. This is when the color looks like the color in the bottle. You cannot skip this one!
- Put on top and final coat. This will make the nailpolish shine (bright like a diamond) and, more importantly, last longer.
- Tip: when you want to speed up the drying process, you can put your nails in a bowl of really cold water. This will make your nails dry faster. It seems strange, but it works!
So what are the tips you would like to share with us?