Have you heard of dry brushing? It’s the best!
You’ve probably never brushed your skin, but you should. And here’s why:
What are the benefits dry brushing?
- Stimulates and increases blood circulation
- Removes dead layers of skin
- Rejuvenates your cells
- Helps your lymphatic system to remove toxic build up
- Helps release fatty deposits under your skins surface
- Makes your skin glow
- Decreases the appearance of cellulite
Not convinced? This might convince you: Elle ‘The Body’ Mcpherson has been doing this for years. And so are Salma Hayek, Molly Sims, Miranda Kerr . So….
Here’s how to do it:
- Use the dry brush directly on your dry skin
- Most people recommend doing it in the morning rather than in the evening, because of its energizing power.
- Take a shower afterwards to get rid of the dry skin
- Always brush towards your heart from all angles
- Start at the bottom (feet) and work you way up
- Use soft pressure
- Don’t forget to mosturize your skin after your shower
- It should take between 3 and 15 minutes (you could do it longer because the motion of the brush has mental soothing effect)
- Use a natural bristled brush or loofah. Synthetic ones can damage the skin
- Use circular motion on your stomach
- Brush until skin is rosy and tingly but not red
- Do not ever share your brush with someone else
- Wash your brush regularly
- Try to do this daily