Bouncy, thick and shiny. That’s how we think it should be: healthy hair.
Unfortunately, not all of us are blessed with the kind of hair that no matter what,looks like the picture of health. I mean hello Lucy Liu, Lauren Conrad, Halle Berry, Isla Fisher, Aishwarya Rai and of course Shakira….. But we could do things to make sure we don’t damage it any further than we’ve already have.
Don’t do this:
- Blowdry. But if you must, don’t do it daily
- Use the curling or flat iron on wet or damp hair
- Use too much product for your hair. They usually contain chemicals and that can’t be good fo your hair
- Wear you hair too tight; this will cause breakage
- Don’t wait too long to have it cut. Mine tend to break a little more when it needs to be trimmed
- Biotin and Vitamin B12 increases elasticity and prevents breaking. Find it in egg yolks, beans, fish, nuts, oatmeal, peanut butter, poultry and yoghurt.
- Vitamin A+C: helps you to produce sebum (this will make your hair shine). Find it in spinach, Swiss chard, sweet potatoes, carrots, butternut squash, bell peppers,kale, broccoli, brussel sprouts, strawberries
- Zinc prevents hair shedding. Find it in cashews, pecans, almonds and oysters
- Protein will make your hair feel thicker. Find it in low-fat dairy products like chicken
Do you have tips/ remedies for healthier hair? Please share!