Let’s start by saying that I’m a summer person. Born in the summery heat of North- Africa; it must be in my blood. I love to see the first rays of sunshine, but only consider it a warm day unless it’s at least 25C, unlike most Dutch people who,
because sunshine is not a given here, try to enjoy every ray of sunshine available (usually by wearing way to little clothes), but I digress… what I really want to talk about was the trouble we, office women have, to everyday come up with an outfit suitable for the office, but cute enough to go out with friends after work. Working in an office where business attire is required can be a bit challenging. Luckily the office I work at, doesn’t have such strict rules so you can be creative.
Tips for summer office outfits:
- Always bring flats with you that go with your outfit: I usually do it the other way around and bring my heels with me; this will also keep them looking as new. Flats are your best friend!
- A neutral black or grey jacket can make the most casual dress look like business attire. Most offices tend to overwork the AC and it can be a bit chilly inside. aside from the cold, an professional jacket can make the most casual outfit look business appropriate.
- A midi skirt will easily take you from work to dinner and still makes you look like you dressed for the occasion.
- Don’t be afraid to incorporate color in your wardrobe. you can easily do this with a statement necklace, a belt, statement earrings or a shoe. Using all at once might be a a bit much though
Who to follow for office fashion inspiration
- Olivia Palermo: she always has a quite unique view on pattern mixing while at the same time keeping it fresh and never overdone
- Miranda Kerr: she’s mastered the getting-things-done look
- 9to5 chic: Sweet and simple combinations suited for the office
- Girl with Curves: If you have a bit more to love, she’s the one to follow; Always chic and office appropriate.
- Extra Petite: For those of us who are smallish (like myself)
- The Classy Cubicle: Litteraly classy and usually classic office clothes