For those of us not familiar with this little wonder product: It can do pretty much anything except for raise your kids. It’s supposed to be used when baking, hence the name. But several people have discovered
it can be used for a lot of other things too. I have tried all of the below and they were not wrong, my friend!
1. Whitening your teeth. Use this instead of toothpaste, no more than once a week. This will remove some of the plack.
2. Scrubbing pots and pans; let them soak in a mix of baking soda and water (1 spoon should be enough) en scrub with some baking soda.
3. Facial/ Body scrub: mix with just a little bit of water, scrub gently and wash it off with water. Make sure to do this no more than once a week. Scrubbing too much can get rid of the natural fat in your skin.
4. Floorscrub: Mix 1 spoon of baking soda with plenty of water and add some nice smelling natural oil or dishsoap and you have a very nice mix of cleaning product!
5. Removing bad odors: just pour some baking soda on the smelly product (fridge: place a small cup of baking powder en leave it open;
6. Shoes: pour some baking soda powder in the shoes, leave it for a night and remove by vacuuming) I have tried all of these and can tell you it truly works!
In Europe you can buy it online here for only €1.75: http://tjinstoko.eu/nl/bakmixen/985-arm-hammer-pure-baking-soda.html